Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Tali'Zorah vas Normandy

Well yesterday I made it to Micheal's to get a can of Krylon Preserve It!.  This is used to spray over printed materials to avoid UV issues with the colors fading over time from sunlight.  It also protects the paper making it acid free for a longer life.   If this little Pepakura experiment works out then I will buy the stuff in bulk online as everywhere other than Micheal's sells the stuff for about $3 - $4 a can while Micheal's is $11 a can.   Tad pricy....

My first Papercraft project is "Tali'Zorah vas Normandy".  She is a character from the "Mass Effect" game series.  She is also the one I chose for my character to choose as a mate in "Mass Effect 2".   Technically though it was a tough choice between her and the woman from Cerberus.   

Anyway... That is my first attempt.  Right now her legs are drying.  Then I have to cut out the paper parts and put them together.  It was 5 pages for her legs alone and about 45 parts in total.

If all goes well I might actually try selling these things for some money which I will spend in frivolous ways, such as on bills, rent and food!  That's right!  Living on the edge!!!

Other than that I also nabbed a copy of GuitarSmith and will be picking up an electric guitar tomorrow.  Time to learn something new...  It's winter so my early midlife crisis has to start with an electric guitar!  Had to postpone my early midlife crisis this summer when I got sick.  Otherwise there would be a motorbike in the parking lot and I'd still be walking a bit funny from riding it.  Granted I walk a bit funny anyway, but that is just left over bits of issues from the old nervous system shutting down and having to retrain my legs again.  Should be back to normal in a few months though walking wise, or should I say waddling wise.  Gained a bit of weight over the summer I have to lose as well.   I don't have smaller fat guys orbiting me yet, but I am 30lbs heavier than I was in June.  

Back to GuitarSmith... Will review the game later after I get a chance to play it and see how well it works.

No comments:

Post a Comment